The screening and testing of the VCU community continues to evolve based on the availability and efficacy of viral testing protocols as well as guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Virginia Department of Health (VDH), the state and the VCU Health System. VCU on-campus testing locations offer only PCR tests.
It is important to note that testing is just one component of a comprehensive strategy to reduce transmission and will be conducted in conjunction with several other mitigating controls – promoting behaviors that reduce the spread of COVID-19, increased cleaning, contact tracing and daily health monitoring among others.
Learn more about each type of testing below. You can also view frequently asked questions about testing.
VCU community members (both on and off-campus) can contact either Student Health Services or Employee Health Services (1-804-MYCOVID or 1-804-692-6843) to be referred for COVID-19 testing at a testing location on-campus. This will be conducted at no cost to students or employees.
At-will testing appointments are available for asymptomatic VCU community members at the Capital Asset Real Estate (CARE) Building at 800 West Broad Street. At-will testing appointments can be made for any reason other than symptomatic testing (i.e., if you have symptoms).
Appointments for at-will testing are only required if you’ve never been tested through VCU. Walk-in appointments are available for those who have already been tested through VCU and have a Kallaco account.
Click here for at-will test availability. Follow these directions to schedule an appointment and prepare for your test:
- Scheduling an appointment
- As a First time at-will visitor for Spring 2022, click here and login with your @vcu.edu email address. You will be taken directly into the appointment scheduling step. Choose a date and time of your preference.
- As a Returning at-will participant by logging into your Kallaco account at my.kalla.co with your email@example.com email address. In the Task List Manager section, click on the orange square with the number of tasks to complete. Select “Schedule” on the 2022 Spring - Week of MM/YY task and choose a date and time of your preference.
- After scheduling your appointment, your appointment details will appear in the Task List Manager section of your Kallaco portal.
- Complete the virtual assessment and consent prior to your appointment. Once you schedule your appointment, you will be prompted to perform the “Confirm Order” task to complete the required virtual assessment and consent. Note, these steps must be complete before your test can be administered and a QR code will be generated.
- Take the test. For on-campus appointments, bring a valid, government-issued photo ID or your VCU ID, a face mask, and a mobile device (if applicable) with your QR code or a printout of your QR code for testing site staff to scan (see step 2 above). Participants must follow all safety protocols. Due to volume, testing locations are unable to accommodate guests while you receive your test.
Visit my.kalla.co to retrieve your test results, which should be posted within 48 hours.
If you are symptomatic, call 1-804-MYCOVID or 1-804-692-6843 for a referral for symptomatic testing.