Process for students
Students must report the following to VCU Student Health Services by calling 1-804-MYCOVID or 1-804-692-6843:
- Symptoms associated with COVID-19
- Positive test results for COVID-19
- Exposure to COVID-19, including the need to isolate or quarantine
Student Health Services will provide additional instructions regarding testing, isolation and/or quarantine. Symptoms will be monitored and the student should refer to a medical provider if symptoms worsen.
Process for employees
Employees who develop symptoms consistent with COVID-19, test positive for COVID-19, or have been informed they need to isolate or quarantine, must contact the VCU COVID-19 call center at 1-804-MYCOVID or 1-804-692-6843 to be connected with Employee Health Services.
Employee Health will provide additional instructions regarding testing, isolation and/or quarantine. Symptoms will be monitored and the employee should refer to a medical provider if symptoms worsen.
During the call
When you call VCU’s COVID-19 call center, interviewers will ask for name, date of birth, address, race and ethnicity. They will also ask about symptoms and any recent known exposure to COVID-19, and may request an email address to provide additional resources. You will not be asked for your Social Security Number, immigration status or financial information. Information collected during interviews is used only by public health agencies.
If you are symptomatic or have tested positive you will be asked to identify close contacts and locations on campus where you have spent time in the recent past.
The call center will refer you to either Student Health Services or Employee Health Services for guidance on testing and isolation/quarantine.
What happens next
Student Health Services and Employee Health Services report positive cases to the Virginia Department of Health. VCU and VDH work together to contact those who may have been exposed to the positive case. Student Health and Employee Health also immediately notify:
- Residential Life and Housing to make arrangements for on-campus isolation and/or quarantine if needed for residential students.
- VCU Facilities Management to begin closing, cleaning and disinfecting of impacted spaces. VCU Facilities Management works with VCU Records and Registration to notify students if a class must be relocated.