VCU Together update - Mar. 18, 2022
Our priorities are the health, safety and wellness — both physical and emotional — of every member of the VCU community. VCU continues to monitor, assess and address the changing guidance, best practices and circumstances related to COVID-19. This update will be a resource to help keep you informed as details become available. All updates are available at together.vcu.edu. Receive notifications by downloading VCU Mobile from your iOS or Android app store.
Beginning Monday, March 21: Masks are optional in most campus spaces; requirement continues in classrooms
- Effective Monday, March 21, masking will be optional in most spaces on VCU campuses.
- Please note these exceptions: For the foreseeable future, masks will continue to be required in classrooms, clinical settings, health system facilities and when using public transit.
The positive trends and improvement in COVID-19 conditions (decreased positivity and hospitalizations, high vaccination rates in the VCU community, and widely available testing) continue to support the transition to optional masking. VCU will continue to monitor and make changes, as necessary, to public health measures.
VCU’s Public Health Response Team continues to strongly encourage masking for individuals at risk for severe COVID-19 infection. Community members who wish to wear masks are also encouraged to do so — we must all continue to treat one another with kindness and respect.
Testing, vaccines and masks remain widely available
VCU offers COVID-19 testing, vaccines and masks on campus at no cost to students and employees.
- Symptomatic testing is for when you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. At-will testing is for when you are not experiencing symptoms but need to be tested for any reason. If you have symptoms, call 1-804-MYCOVID or 1-804-692-6843 for testing. If you are asymptomatic, make an at-will appointment here. Get details about on-campus testing here.
- VCU strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccination and boosters. Students can make a vaccine appointment online through University Student Health Services. Employees can contact VCU Employee Health at (804) 828-0584 to schedule an appointment. To search all vaccination opportunities near you, visit vaccines.gov.
- Students and employees can use their VCU ID to obtain masks and supplies from vending machines located throughout campus. Learn more at https://together.vcu.edu/
Residential Life and Housing guest policy update
If COVID-19 positivity and hospitalization rates continue to improve in the coming weeks, Residential Life and Housing plans to implement a guest policy for non-residential and non-affiliated guests beginning at 9 a.m. on Friday, April 8, 2022. For more details on the guest policy change, please visit the Residential Life and Housing blog.