VCU Together update for students - January 28, 2022
Upcoming booster deadline for students, COVID-19 testing on campus and more
Our priorities are the health, safety and wellness — both physical and emotional — of every member of the VCU community. VCU continues to monitor, assess and address the changing guidance, best practices and circumstances related to COVID-19. This update will be a resource to help keep you informed as details become available. All updates are available at together.vcu.edu. Receive notifications by downloading VCU Mobile from your iOS or Android app store.
Tuesday is the deadline to report your booster
VCU students eligible for a booster must report receiving one to VCU by Tuesday, Feb. 1 or within 30 days of becoming eligible. To report your booster, login to your VCU Student Health Web portal.
VCU community members must be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical or religious exemption. VCU considers fully vaccinated to be:
- Having received an initial vaccination shot (or shots)
- Having received a booster shot when eligible.
For more information, visit the vaccine FAQ for students.
Need to schedule an appointment for your vaccine or booster?
If you have not yet received your COVID-19 vaccination or booster, you can make an appointment on-campus through University Student Health Services or at a provider near you (search vaccine availability at www.vaccines.gov).
Testing for COVID-19 is available
Testing for COVID-19 is available on campus for VCU students. Here are the ways you can get one.
- No symptoms, but need a test? At-will testing appointments are available for asymptomatic VCU community members. At-will testing appointments can be made for any reason other than symptomatic testing (i.e., if you have symptoms) or to comply with weekly surveillance testing (if required).
- You have symptoms, and need a test? Call 1-804-MYCOVID or 1-804-692-6843 for a referral for symptomatic testing.
- You are required to participate in weekly surveillance testing? If you are required to participate in weekly surveillance testing, follow the instructions that are emailed to you from firstname.lastname@example.org.
When should I call the MYCOVID call center?
If you recently tested positive, have symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19 — whether you are fully vaccinated (initial dose(s) and booster), partially vaccinated or unvaccinated — contact the MYCOVID call center at 1-804-MYCOVID or 1-804-692-6843 for further guidance. Through the MYCOVID call center, you can report positive tests (taken outside of VCU), report exposure to a known positive case, find testing opportunities on-campus or connect with Student Health Services or Employee Health.